Rapid Medical Device Validation
During COVID-19 pandemic a fast response was needed to produce medical devices or modify existing medical devices . In this instance a sleep apnea machine was repurposed to serve as supplementary machines in hospitals. A T-splitter component that houses critical alarm sensors for ventilators in order to alert clinicians if airflow to the patient is interrupted at any point need to be built – fast prototype production was needed in order to get FDA approval.
With the Henkel’s high temperature material, Fortify was able to produce a customized 3DP mold that was used to produce the T-splitter.
- Reduced lead time from 6 to 1 week
- Cost reduction from $4000 to $700 (compared to aluminum tooling)
- 3D printed mold is offering
- Fast throughput and ability to test geometries with final material
- Cost competitive options vs. traditional manufacturing